- 2 – 3 Squirrels, quarted
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup Red Wine
- ½ lb. Mushrooms, sliced
- ½ c. Sour Cream
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dredge squirrel in flour and brown pieces in a little bit of oil in a skillet. Remove and set aside.
- Add Onion, Peppers, Mushrooms and Garlic to skillet, fry until Garlic starts to turn golden brown, Slowly add about half the wine to deglaze the bottom of the skillet.
- Mix in rest of Wine, Cream of Mushroom Soup and Sour Cream. Mix thoroughly then add in fried Squirrel.
- Season to taste and let simmer of medium low about 30 minutes.
- Serve with dirty rice and enjoy.